Divestiture Software – Create Two Separate Oracle EBS Instances
You define the criteria to filter out the divested company’s data.
Our software creates two separate, complete, functioning databases.
Result: No training or implementation required because both instances are fully configured and ready for operation.
Create two separate Oracle E-Business Suite databases that are complete, functioning, and fully configured with only the information relevant to each continuing company with eprentise software.
Using the software’s filter criteria, you determine what data remains in the source instance and what related data is moved or copied to a new instance.
You can easily divest data based on any type of criteria, including:
- legal entity
- sets of books
- business or organizational unit
- product line
- Removes data from source instance that does not relate to remaining operations.
- Allows users to access only information that relates to their part of the business.
- Users can define different rules to determine how the data for the new business is extracted from the current production environment.
- No training or implementation required because both instances are fully configured and ready for operation.
- Has a user-defined rules base that allows filtering or divesting on any number of criteria configuration and operational data required to support the new company. The filtered data are then eliminated from the current production environment.
- Retains access to historical information pertinent to each operation.
- User can develop a variety of scenarios to view the performance of the existing company before the divestiture and the impact of the divestiture on both costs and revenues.
- Removes data defined by user criteria to a separate, fully functional divested database instance.
- Both source and divested instances maintain relational integrity of configuration data, master data and transactions.
- Supports complex filter rules. Users can specify multiple filter rules when defining the data that is moved to the new instance.
- The filter criteria determine what data remains in the source instance and what related data is moved or copied to a new instance.
- Built in audit and reconciliation features.
- Enforces all mandatory, unique and primary key constraints and relational integrity requirements of any relational database.
- No programming required.
- Hardware, platform and version independent.
- Results in complete, consistent and correct data.
Sell a Part of Your Business
A large entertainment company is selling their “Stores” division to another company. They don’t want the new company to be able to see the proprietary data from the other segments of the business, that aren’t being sold.
Using eprentise Divestiture software, the company created a filter rule to separate and delete data from the accounting flexfield in the Oracle E-Business Suite. Once the rule was created, they quickly and easily ran a report to show what data met the criteria set out in the rule. They then deleted all transactions not related to the “Stores” division.
The eprentise method maintained all relational integrity and adjusted all totals to reflect the deleted transactions.
In what kind of situations would I use eprentise?
Consider eprentise in situations like these:
- A merger or acquisition where both parties run E-Business Suite.
- The set-up of E-Business Suite is more than 3-5 years old and doesn’t support the business.
- There are inconsistencies in different parts of the organization.
- The business is supporting several different instances of E-Business Suite.
- Business reorganization, shared service center, and IT consolidation scenarios.
- The database is very large and different subsets of data are needed for testing.
- There is a lot of duplicate data (suppliers, customers, products).
- Divestiture or spin off of part of the business.
This M&A scenario is an example.
- Company A sells its Division M to a competitor, Company B. Both companies, A and B, run E-Business Suite. Company A runs eprentise Divestiture to split off a copy that contains all of Division M’s business (but none of A’s confidential information). Company A continues to run its main instance, which retains Division M history. It gives the new Division M instance to Company B.
- Company B may choose to run Division M in a stand alone manner until the end of their fiscal year. The instance is functionally complete, consistent, and correct. One optional change would be to run our FlexField software to transform the Division M instance to use the Company B Chart Of Accounts (COA). That would make it easier to consolidate the financial reports between Company B’s main instance and Division M.
- Next, Company B would run eprentise Consolidate to combine the Division M instance into its main instance. They would add all of Division M’s history and open business transactions, setups that define how Division M transactions work, plus other data like Division M’s customers, suppliers, and employees into Company B’s E-Business Suite instance.
How much does an eprentise project cost? How long do the projects take?
We suggest that our customers plan from one to six months for most projects, depending on the complexity. Consolidations are usually complex and will typically take between six months and a year. We welcome the chance to talk with you about the type of project you are contemplating. After a few discussions we will create a project profile which will include the estimates of the schedule, costs and required resources. It usually takes a few weeks of discussions and discovery for us to create and present a proposal.
What kind of development, implementation, and testing environments are needed?
The eprentise software contains its own framework for project administration and use of eprentise. It connects to and works with multiple E-Business Suite instances through a web browser. As with many E-Business Suite projects, you will set up clone instances of your production environment and these will be the test environments. You may also set up a target environment and temporary work areas. We will work with you during project planning on the specifics.
- Divestiture Datasheet (PDF)
When divesting, eprentise software creates two fully functional instances by copying all supporting configuration and transaction data to maintain the relational integrity of both the source system and the divested system. Companies may divest data based on any type of criteria including product line, customers, regions, or organization units.
Software Demos (video):
Featured Case Study
Automotive Parts Company Consolidates Regional Production Instances of Oracle E-Business Suite to Achieve Consistent Business Processes and Reduce Maintenance and License Fees
Consolidation software from eprentise enabled this auto parts distributor to consolidate two regional production instances into a single, global instance, saving millions of dollars and months of project time.
By comparison, a manual migration project for a company with the same challenges caused by multiple instances cost that business between $12 and $15 million dollars, took them approximately 18 months and 250 consultants to complete it, and brought over only limited history and balances.